Sunday, January 3, 2010

Who's got a blog?

Helloooooo Internet!

Here I am, about to break last years resolution to NOT make anymore dang resolutions because, like everyone else, I don't keep them. I get frustrated, discouraged or distracted; and I give up. But that inner drive to change, to keep moving, to strive to make my life and myself just a teensy bit better just won't give up either. Thank the Gods!

This year I did my research though. Habits, good ones or bad ones, don't become 'habitual' over night. They take time to ingrain them, to make them automatic, to make it feel easy, natural. This year a friend turned me on to someone who wrote this awesome blog about how to make changes that stick. Check it out. I highly recommend it, especially if you made resolutions.

Basically the idea is to choose ONE goal at a time (Novel idea that. Just one? You sure?) and break it in to several tiny, tiny, turtle steps, make the first step be so ludicrously simple that there is no chance of failure *and* make it as public as possible so that everyone knows and can support you. Or maybe it's so that if you fail everyone knows and can laugh at you. Not sure.

Anyway, there's a bit more to it than that but you get the idea. So, in an effort to stem the mounting flow of adipose and cellulite to my thighs and belly and to help me not die when I try to do some of the things I want to do in the coming year (hiking, kayaking, climbing single flights of stairs) my first goal to work towards in the new year is workin' on my fitness, daily. (Go ahead, roll your eyes. It's OK. I can't see you.)

I'll be posting The Plan soon. Atleast the first 8 or 12 weeks of it but you can see from my tag line the major, major, crazy 28 week goal is to run a 1/2 marathon. I once rode a bicycle 350 miles in 4 days so a 13.1 mile run isn't as crazy as it sounds BUT I need you people, my friends and family and internet connections, to do it. Don't worry, you don't have to actually put forth any effort. Just knowing that you know should be just the kick in the pants I'm looking for. That folks is why Lily has a blog.

Plan starts tonight. And my ludicrously easy first step: Lay out workout clothes before going to bed each night. Put them on first thing in the morning and walk out the front door in them. After that I can go back inside and do whatever I want. HaHa!


If your reading, leave a comment or send me an email, let me know you're here. Better yet, do you have a goal? Leave a comment and tell me about it.

3 comments:

  1. You can do this!!!! Keep on moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, in heart and in Spirit~ supporting and lovin you from afar!!! YOU can DOOOOO This!!!!

    BIGGEST Hugs Flower!!!!
    ~Nik~ of the LN

    ReplyDelete
  3. One foot in front of the other! So far so good! Thanks for reading my page and supporting me you two! ;)

    ReplyDelete